Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Favorites: Best of 2014

Despite the delay, I wanted to share some of my favorite things from 2014! Starting off with blog posts:

Favorite cooking related post: Mushroom Dijon Chicken

This was one of the more complex dinners I have made, and I got to make it for my family.

Favorite adventure post: Road trip! Video can be found here. Particularly San Francisco, because I love the city so much.
I can't quite describe how amazing my road trip was. I saw so many amazing places and people along the way. I broke myself out of my comfort zone, tried new things, and got some breathtaking photos.

Favorite marketing post: McDonald's Goes Green
I've really fallen out of posting about marketing, but this campaign was particularly impressive and clever to me.


Other favorites of the year:



Favorite book: The Help - Kathryn Stockett & Yes Please - Amy Poehler

I couldn't pick just one. The Help is such a moving and inspiration book, and Yes Please is hilarious and brilliant. I highly recommend both of them. I just finished Yes Please. I adore Amy Poehler and Tina Fey and I loved Tina Fey's book so I was really excited to read Poehler's.

Favorite TV show: I did it. I started watching Game of Thrones. It was stressful and amazing. Cersei is my new idol.


Favorite internet moment: Okay, this is a weird category I made up just so that I can highlight how big of a deal it was to me that Gilmore Girls got added to Netflix instant watch. I adore this show and flew through the whole series right when it got put up. I'll probably watch it all again soon. Oy with the poodles already!


Favorite Seattle discovery: The Twilight Exit. This is a bar in The Central District near the apartment I've lived in this year. Their food is delicious, their drinks are made well, their bartenders are awesome, they have a big outdoor patio when the weather is nice, and they have Street Fighter. So... it's just an all around win. They also give you a free drink on your birthday in a huge mug, which you get to keep.


Favorite concert: I went to some pretty sweet concerts this year including Journey, Steve Miller Band, Captiol Hill Block Party, and Dave Matthews Band. It was hard to pick one but I would probably have to say that Chvrches was the best live performance.



2014, you ruled. This was a pretty big year for me. I entered the year pretty down but looking back at it now I feel like I can say that I have come out on top.



2015 Goals!

Blog related:
- Keep up with photo a day.
- Post at least one marketing post a month.
- Broaden my cooking horizons.
- Bring more people in to do feature posts.

Personal:

- Keep adventuring.
- Continue working on my health and fitness. I'm pretty proud of the progress I've made this year but there's always a lot of room for improvement.
- Save up money to travel abroad and start planning a trip, for summer '16 at the latest.
- Find a job that I enjoy and allows me to advance toward my career goals. I'm currently working on this. I've been hunting and talking to different companies this past week so fingers crossed that I can get this goal in progress very soon!

I hope you all had a great year, and that 2015 is already even better. Xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment