Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Taco Tuesday: Jamaican Jerk

TACO TUESDAY IS BACK! And let me tell you, I am pretty happy about it. I love trying new taco recipes! I got some inspiration from Pinterest (you can follow me here) to try out Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos. 
I looked up a few different recipes for Jamaican Jerk seasoning and decided to whip up my own. Once I had the seasoning together it was very simple. I marinated the chicken with that, lime, and garlic for a few hours. Marinating is something I never really do but I think it totally makes a difference in flavor if you can plan ahead of time. I also used the seasoning to make a greek yogurt based sauce for topping.
 (My awesome Star Wars notepad I've been using for recipe notes)
I was really happy with the way these turned out!

 Jamaican Jerk Seasoning:
2 tsp onion powder
3 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp garlic salt
*This made more than I used for 2 chicken breasts and the yogurt sauce.

Zesty Greek Yogurt Sauce:
1 cup of plain greek yogurt
1.5 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
1 tsp sugar
1/2 avocado
Juice from 1/2 a lime

Marinate 2 chicken breasts in 3 tbsp of seasoning, juice from 1 lime, and 1 tsp of garlic. Cook thoroughly in pan on stovetop. As always, you can top your tacos with whatever you prefer. I used red bell peppers, black beans, onions, greek yogurt sauce, and goat cheese. I know goat cheese sounds a little strange to most people but if I decide to use any cheese on chicken tacos this is my favorite kind!
Happy Taco Tuesday! Xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment