Monday, August 25, 2014

Mushroom Dijon Chicken (with sides)

I love when I get the opportunity to cook for other people, it is much more fun than making a meal for one or even just two. When my family was in town we were busy running around and ate out for most meals so when we finally got a night to just hang out at my apartment I was excited to cook for them.
I found a recipe for Mushroom Dijon Chicken that I adapted from and picked up some veggies as sides.
The simplest way I have found to cook vegetables, and probably my favorite, is simply with olive oil, lemon, garlic, and salt either in a pan or the oven depending on the vegetable. I cooked the zucchini in a pan on the stove and the asparagus in the oven.
The meal was a hit! And I got to eat with my family, which is always a pleasure.

Mushroom Dijon Chicken:
2 chicken breasts
1/4 c flour
2 c button mushrooms
1 sliced red onion
2 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 c white wine
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c whipping cream
2 tbsp butter
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
  • Mix salt and pepper in with flour and coat the chicken in it
  • Heat olive oil in a pan on high
  • Add chicken and brown on each side, then set aside
  • Add mushrooms to pan and simmer until they start to brown
  • Turn the heat down to medium, add onions and rosemary and simmer for a few minutes
  • Add remaining ingredients and scrape the bottom of the pan
  • Add chicken and cover to simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly

1 comment: