Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Roasted Garlic Avocado Pasta Salad (Vegan)

I try to be really productive in the mornings but a girl can only wake up so early. I get up at an awful hour to work out, so after that there isn't exactly time to get ready, make breakfast, and lunch. This is all leading me to say, I'm a big fan of lunches I can prepare ahead of time. Sometimes it can be tricky to plan ahead, especially while on this vegan diet. I can only eat so many salads, ya know?  So I mixed that up a bit but making a pasta salad! Super quick and simple, and tastes great the next day, or even the day after that :)

I made a Veganaise and avocado based dressing, but this most importantly included some roasted garlic.
Look at those beauts! There are tons of directions online on how to roast a whole head of garlic, but if you only want to do a few cloves I suggest peeling them and wrapping them up in foil. I left these at about 375 for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for pasta salad base:
Half an avocado
1 1/2 tbsp Veganaise
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
A few dashes of salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne
~5 cloves of roasted garlic
1 1/2 cups of pasta

While your pasta is cooking mix all other ingredients together. You definitely want to get a very ripe avocado or it will be hard to mix it into a dressing like texture. If your avocado is a bit firmer you can dice it up to make mashing easier, and add extra olive oil to thin the mixture out.

I used vegetable bow tie pasta, and the amount of dressing I made was great for 1 1/2 cups of pasta. After adding extra ingredients to make it heartier I would say this is enough for two lunches.

Extra ingredients:
Diced onion
Chopped spinach
Chopped arugala
Pecans
Peas

You can always throw in other things, depending on your preferences. I think garbanzo beans also would have been great, but alas my kitchen was lacking them.

Happy lunching! Xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment