Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Honey Sriracha Lime Meatballs

Honey, Sriracha, lime. I honestly don't think that you can go wrong with this. For Super Bowl I made some honey Sriracha lime meatballs and boy oh boy, they were a hit. The recipe that I adapted this from was for slow cooker meatballs, but believe it or not I don't have a slow cooker, so I improvised. (It's definitely on my list of things to purchase in the next year.)

 
Ingredients:
1 pound ground meat (I chose turkey, but beef or chicken could work as well)
1 egg
1 tbsp minced garlic
Salt and onion powder to taste
~1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (I use gluten-free)
1/2 c Sriracha
1/2 c honey
Juice from 1 lime

I'll spare you the in between photos of raw meat and eggs being mixed!

Mix together Sriracha, honey, and lime in large pot. Mix meat, egg, garlic, salt and onion powder, and bread crumbs in large bowl. Add two tablespoons of Sriracha mixture to meat and mix well. If your mixture seems fairly soft and wet you can add more bread crumbs, it can vary depending on the meat you use.

Put pot of Sriracha mix on stove and turn on medium low. Roll mixture into "bite size" meatballs and add to pot. Let simmer until meatballs have started to cook on bottom (about 20 minutes) and then mix pot so meatballs are completely covered with sauce. Put cover on and put on low. I left mine in the pot for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

 
Plate up and add toothpicks for ease of eating.

 
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment