Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Taco Tuesday: Breakfast Tacos

My favorite thing about tacos is that there are so many different ways you can approach making them, such as breakfast tacos to start your day off with a kick. This Taco Tuesday is particularly great because my friend Maddy snapped these photos for me, while also keeping my mimosa glass full. It's important to have friends that support you.

These tacos are really simple and as always, can be done in many different ways.

I used bell pepper, onion, turkey bacon, and an egg as my main fillers. I know most people roll their eyes at me when I mention turkey bacon, but I don't eat red meat and I love love turkey bacon.

 
I fried up the bell pepper in a pan with garlic and cayenne pepper for a bit while cooking the bacon in the oven. Everything I've read says to cook bacon in the oven at 400* for about 15 minutes, with turkey bacon I kept an eye on it and flipped it around 10 minutes to get it crispier. 


 It turned out beautiful and crispy!

Now for putting it all together - Fry an egg in a pan, the time depending on how runny you like your yolk. Then put some strips of bacon and flip the whole thing onto a tortilla in the pan. Frying the tortilla up for a bit will warm the whole thing through.
 Then top with fixings, in this case bell pepper, garlic, onion, salsa, lime, and cilantro.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment