Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Taco Tuesday: Baked Chicken Ranch

This Tuesday incorporated one of my favorite things, ranch! I love ranch oh so much so when I saw a recipe for chicken ranch tacos I was definitely interested. The recipe that inspired this was for crockpot chicken and I, strangely enough, do not own a crockpot - though it is on my list of things to purchase. Another recipe I have seen multiple times is for oven baked tacos so I decided to incorporate that as well.
The thing I love about making tacos is even with a recipe in mind you can customize them to your preference with the amount of flavoring and what fixings you use.
 You can even decide between soft and crunch shell tacos. Look at the bad boys we used this time!
Recipe:
1 chicken breast
1 cup chicken broth
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 tbsp taco seasoning - you can either use packaged seasoning or create your own like I did for last week's tacos.
Toppings of your choice

Simmer chicken breast in broth covered on low for about 20 minutes. Shred chicken, add seasoning, and turn on med/high for 5-10 minutes, or until most of the liquid has steamed out. You definitely want to have some liquid left in the pan so your meat doesn't dry out.
Preheat oven to 375*. Spray pan with cooking spray and line up as many shells as you want or as many as you can fit. Stuff your shells with your desired ingredients (I used chicken, corn, onions, and cheese). Put tacos in oven for 5-10 minutes or at least until cheese has melted.


There you go! The seasoning was so rich and delicious. I also don't know if I will ever not bake a taco again, having the whole thing warmed through and the cheese melted was definitely a nice touch.

*Many of the recipes I post here are my spin on a recipe I stumbled across at some point. I get most of my inspiration from things I save on my Pinterest which you can find here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment