Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Taco Tuesday: Simple & Classic

Taco Tuesday is now an official thing! I was recently inspired by a food truck that served Greek Tacos because I realized there's a ton of things you can do with tacos. I'm challenging myself to do Taco Tuesday every week and experiment with different types. I'm also challenging myself to actually start measuring things when I cook and writing recipes down. To kick off this little series I made some very simple, classic ground turkey tacos.


I personally don't generally eat red meat so I use ground turkey, but I imagine beef would substitute just fine. Cook the meat first, then drain the fat before adding some water and seasonings.


Pretty nice spread, right? This part is all up to your preference of toppings. In my house we go for cheese, onions, avocado, lime, refried beans, sour cream, and chipotle salsa.


I am normally a fan of crunchy shells but soft is what we had, and it still tastes just as good.

Look! I wrote things down!

Recipe:
Cook 1 lb ground turkey until brown
Drain fat
Add - 2/3 cup water
          2 tbsp chili pepper
          1/2 tbsp paprika
          1 tbsp cumin
          1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
          ~1 tbsp garlic salt
          ~1/2 tbsp onion flakes
Simmer until water has cooked down
Spoon into tortilla/shell with your choice of toppings

0 comments:

Post a Comment