Thursday, January 30, 2014

Overnight Oatmeal

This particular recipe came from my dear friend Maddy's Mom. Maddy has been one of my best friends for awhile now and we lived together for 3 years of college. Basically, she's great and her family are some of the most loving people I know.



Not only is Mama-Mixter one all around cool lady... She is a great cook and every time I see her I get at least one new idea for something to whip up. The last time I saw her she shared a recipe for Overnight Oatmeal. This was incredibly easy and delicious.


All you do is throw everything in a jar and stick it in your fridge overnight!





The recipe also allows for some wiggle room. I used almond milk but regular milk, soy milk, or orange juice work too. It calls for strawberries and blueberries but I am sure you could vary those depending on your preference.





Grab it on your way out the door in the morning and you've got one tasty breakfast!





Full Recipe:


Using a tupperware with lid or large bowl, stir together the following (per person):
1/2 c oatmeal
½-1 Tbs chia seed
1 Tbs cinnamon
1/4 c blueberries
1/4 c strawberries, sliced
1/8 c dried cranberries or craisins

Pour enough milk or soy milk (or orange juice!) to cover the entire oatmeal mixture. If using tupperware, put on lid and shake well. If a bowl, stir until thoroughly mixed together and cover with saran. Refrigerate overnight.

Serve with a dollop of yogurt, if you like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment