Thursday, January 23, 2014

Boulder, Colorado

Last weekend I flew to Denver to visit one of my best friends that is going to grad school at UC Boulder. I have to say, I was fairly impressed by the things good ol' Colorado had to offer me for a weekend. 

For one thing, it was obviously great to visit my friend. On Saturday it was one of his friends' birthday so we spent the day seeing Boulder by way of wineries and breweries. I had never done tastings before so it was a fun new experience for me. 

If you know me at all you know that I do not drink beer. At all. I've tried because everyone says "it grows on you"...I don't buy it. BUT going to local Boulder breweries was cool and I tried a lot of different types of beer. When I say a lot I mean a lot. The amount of beer I consumed on Saturday was significantly greater than all of the beer I've consumed in the rest of my life combined. And I will say, I didn't hate them all! I actually kind of liked a few of them. 

So I owe you an apology, beer... You aren't as bad as I've always thought.

Here are some photos I snapped from the tastings we did, plus a delicious brunch before a Sunday of (stressful and disappointing) football.



0 comments:

Post a Comment