Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baking, Bananas, Blueberries

I am by no means a baker. I love to cook but when it comes to following any recipe to a tee- you've lost me. It will never make sense to me why 1/8 of a tbs of salt matters when baking but somehow it makes a world of difference. 

Recently I decided to try and become a better baker! (I suppose I thought it would teach me patience, another thing I'm not great at.) The first thing I took a swing at was  Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread.


Although there was flour and sugar all over my kitchen I have to say, it came out delicious.



I still did not follow the recipe exactly as written since I don't have the type of pans they use (woops) so I had to pay really close attention to the timing.




Recipe:
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat four 5 3/4-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick spray.
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until well combined. Beat in bananas until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to the sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
  • Add blueberries and gently toss to combine.
  • Scoop the batter evenly into the loaf pans. Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.
Recipe c/o of Damn Delicious


Xox,  J

0 comments:

Post a Comment