Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lake Quinault

This past weekend we went camping in the Olympic National Forest. I cannot put into words how glad I am that we had a weekend getaway. I had a lot of fun, the spot was beautiful, and I spent the whole weekend with my phone off and absolutely no worries.

We got to the ranger station and found out the campground we had picked out is now a day use only spot so that was a bummer at first. We ended up getting even luckier because the campground the ranger recommended was completely empty, within walking distance of town, RIGHT on the lake, and right across from a trail. The first night we were there a few other groups of people ended up camping near us. We made a fire down on the shore and all hung out talking and playing with the 3 dogs amongst the group. One of the dogs that another group had with them was a German Shepard/Coyote mix! It was one of the coolest dogs I've ever seen and I wish I had taken a picture of it. 


We spent the next day hiking, napping, sun bathing, swimming, and eating. It was such a refreshing weekend.


I am so in love with Washington.

0 comments:

Post a Comment