Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break

I still haven't been able to find my camera charger which means no new photography until I go buy another one. Isn't it so weird how random items just disappear into the abyss? Or maybe that just happens to me. Also the end of the quarter was CRAZY. I cannot emphasize how crazy it was. But after I got through it my mom came into town for a few days which was the perfect way to end a chaotic quarter and start a relaxing spring break. She left Sunday afternoon and Monday morning my roommate and I headed down to Portland for a few days. I have been having a difficult and stressful time this past month and really needed to escape from my normal life so we took a quick trip to visit some friends. We stayed with some of her family and hung out with friends that we have all around the Portland area. It was a lot of fun and a great way to refresh myself before school starts again on Tuesday. Even though I do not have a camera I do have some photos to share! (Thanks to the wonder of cell phone technology now days.) A few were taken by me, some by my mom, and most are from the Instagram frenzy we went on in Portland.

Having coffee with my mom at The Wood's Coffee. I did some research on them for a project in my Branding class this quarter and love them even more because of it. They're really local, sustainable, and their owners just seem like really cool people.



If you ever go to Mambo Italiano in the Fairhaven district of Bellingham keep your fingers crossed that their soup of the day is this Jalepeno soup. I am a sucker for spicy food and this soup is amazing. My mom is the same way about spicy food so I took her here in hopes that she would get to try it and luckily we went on the right day!




Maddy getting a tattoo by Betty at Icon which our friend Candace works at.


So, that has been my life as of the past week! Now I am just going to be relaxing and getting a jump start on things for the second half of spring break. Also I'll be fighting off this awful feeling I have that I am praying is just allergies and not a real sickness. I have spent today working on organizing a calendar for my Communication class and laying out some social media marketing ideas for my internship. Hopefully I will have some interesting marketing insight to update on in the next few days but for now I will leave you with a photo a snapped of my delicious lunch and the Atmosphere song that has been stuck in my head.

Sandwich with hummus, garlic aioli, chipotle mustard, spinach, onions, and feta. It was delicious and I was pretty proud of the creation!


0 comments:

Post a Comment