Monday, February 27, 2012

A few things to share!

A few things, my camera has died and my charger is missing so I won't be able to post pictures for a little bit. The most upsetting part of this is that I wanted to post an awesome cooking log about the cheesecake I made yesterday! It was my friend's birthday and I made him a cheesecake last year so decided to make him another one this year. I used a recipe that is a little different than the cheesecake recipes I am used to (it calls for condensed milk rather than milk and a load of sugar) so I was a bit nervous, but it turned out great! I wish I had a picture to show of it because I was pretty proud, but like I said my camera is dead. Also, something I learned about myself is that even though I cook all the time I do not really ever use an electric mixer and man, am I bad at it. There was cheesecake filling all over me and my counter.

Now, for marketing news- Has anyone heard about Microsoft attacking Google? I first heard about it from the "Gmail Man" video and now there's a new one called Googlighting. Basically Microsoft is promoting Office 365 by making fun of the new Gmail privacy policy and GoogleDocs. Personally, I think this is a pretty bad move for Microsoft. Everyone loves Google, they're a huge powerhouse, so making fun of them is going to make people upset with you more than it's going to get people on your side. I also just think that poking fun at competitors and trying to start a fight is a low blow. As a future marketer I hope that I can remain clever and creative enough to come up with original ad campaigns without having to pick at someone else. Here is the original "Gmail Man" video that started it all:

0 comments:

Post a Comment