Monday, September 26, 2011

Chickpea Curry

Lately I’ve been really wanting to get healthier and actually cook again, not eat junk which I’ve done too much lately since I was traveling. So this weekend I bought Real Simple and Cooking Light to get some inspiration! My boyfriend was visiting me so last night we felt ambitious and decided to make Chickpea-Spinach Curry with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce, which I found in the copy of Real Simple I had bought. I pretty much never follow recipes exactly the way they are so of course I changed some things up.
First, I would have sworn on my life that there was curry powder in our house but it turned out that we didn’t have any so instead of curry powder I used cumin, cayenne pepper, mustard seed, and a few other spices that I know is used in curry powder. It ended up being fine and I got to make it as spicy as I wanted by adding more pepper! Also the recipe only calls for onions, chickpeas, and spinach as the vegetables but we decided to add in some potatoes and cauliflower. We also bought some naan to go with it which we added some garlic and feta too because let’s face it, everyone loves naan and garlic.
Luckily it was really tasty because I have enough leftovers to last me the whole week! Also it’s pretty healthy because it’s just loaded with a bunch of spices and vegetables, there isn’t any butter and just a little bit of vegetable oil for sauteing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment