Friday, February 13, 2015

Red Velvet Butter Cookies

While I don't particularly think Valentine's Day is a big deal, I can't say that I don't love seeing pink and hearts everywhere or having an extra excuse to eat sweets. Ironically, I also love Friday the 13th for all of the silly creepy things. So, here's to both! Red velvet cupcakes are one of my top food weaknesses so a few years ago when I came across a super simple red velvet cookie recipe, I was all about it. This is the third Valentine's Day I'm making these and I have since lost the original source of the original recipe but wherever you are in internet land, THANK YOU for these!


Ingredients:
1 box Red Velvet cake mix
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (For looks, preferably white chocolate or last year I found pink dyed milk chocolate.)

Preheat oven to 350*

Beat cream cheese and butter together well. Add egg and vanilla, mix thoroughly. Mix in cake mix until there are no dry spots. Stir in chocolate chips. The dough is reeaaaally thick since you don't use any water or oil so you'll want to have your cream cheese and butter thoroughly softened, and you'll need a powerful mixer.

Drop about 2 inch clumps on on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until top is set (the center should be butter-gooey soft).

SO SIMPLE! Told you ;)

Happy Valentine's Day and Friday the 13th, friends! Xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment