Monday, November 3, 2014

Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake

In case you missed the dozens of memos, 'tis the season of pumpkin! 

Now that I'm back from my trip and settled into my own apartment with my own kitchen I can embrace it fully and what's a better way to celebrate than with cheesecake? Oreos as well as cheesecake, is the answer.


(Okay, I know this seems like a big jump on Santa season but these are just too cute for me not to use all the time.)
 The great thing about this recipe is that it uses a muffin pan so it makes individual cheesecakes and you don't need to make a crust. If you wanted to make a full cheesecake rather than individuals you absolutely can! If you choose to do that I would recommend making the crust by crushing up about 24 Oreos and mixing with 1/4-1/2 c of melted butter.



Recipe:
16 oz softened cream cheese
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 c pumpkin puree 
1 tsp cinnamon
Oreos

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat cream cheese and sugar together, preferably with electric mixer. Continue mixing and add eggs one at a time. Add sour cream, vanilla, pumpkin, and cinnamon and mix until creamy. Place cupcake liners in muffin/cupcake pan and place half an Oreo at the bottom of each liner. Fill the liner about 3/4 full with batter and top with the other half of the Oreo. Bake for 22 minutes. Let cool and place in refrigerator to harden. 


Happy Pumpkin Season!


0 comments:

Post a Comment