Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Avocado Dressing

Ranch is one of my biggest weaknesses. I almost always order a side of it when out at restaurants. When I stumbled upon a recipe titled "Healthy alternative to ranch" I wasn't really buying it, but I was intrigued. My curiosity brought me across a recipe for delicious creamy avocado dressing. This definitely will not be replacing ranch in my life (I doubt anything ever will) but it has been added to my list of repeat recipes.


Recipe adapted from here. Big surprise- I didn't follow the instructions very closely. I left out the sugar and jalapeño (it just sounded less appealing that way to me). I also used greek yogurt and less milk so my dressing came out thicker than the original.



My version-

Ingredients:

2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 avocado
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs olive oil
1 c plain greek yogurt

Blend together all ingredients using an electric mixer. Then, use anyway you want!




Dressing for a breakfast power salad. Made with kale, grains, garbanzo beans, grilled onions, and a fried egg.


In place of mayonnaise for a chicken salad lettuce wrap.


Happy cooking! J

0 comments:

Post a Comment